"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." --G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Committee and board appointments are set

I am pleased to report that I will be taking on more responsibilities around City Hall in the coming year. That's because, in addition to retaining all my current committee and board appointments, I will also be City Council's representative on the board of the Coquitlam Public Library for 2013. Here's the complete list of my posts:

Coquitlam Public Library: council representative
Coquitlam River Aggregate Committee: chair
City/School Board Liaison Committee: chair
Arts and Culture Advisory Committee: vice-chair
Parcel Tax Review Panel: vice-chair

As well, Council has put my name forward to serve on Metro Vancouver's Regional Culture Committee. And, finally, my turn as Acting Mayor will be May 2-June 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment